1 540-ml can chickpeas, drained
1 cup peeled and cooked diced
1/4 cup tahini
2 roasted garlic cloves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp paprika
1. Place all ingredients but paprika in a food processor. Pulse until combined, adding water until you achieve desired consistency.
2. Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
3. Serve with carrots or pita wedges for dipping.
Try different types of cooked veggies – carrots, beets, zucchini – to take this recipe up a notch.
Carbs: 24 g
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 11 g
2 apples, sliced
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup chopped peanuts
¼ cup shredded coconut
1. Melt the chocolate chips and half the coconut oil together over a double boiler. Repeat with the white chocolate chips and remaining oil.
2. Slide the end of a skewer into each apple slice. Dip each apple into either the white or dark chocolate.
3. Next, roll the dipped end of each slice in the coconut or peanuts.
4. Place slices on a wax paper-lined baking sheet or plate. Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set. Serve immediately.
Crumbled cookies, sprinkles, and crispy rice cereal also make great toppers for these pops.
Carbs: 57 g
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 14 g