Smooth Operator

Put your best face forward with the science behind radiant skin

We all want healthy, glowing skin. It’s seen as a sign of good health, vitality, and beauty. However, in the fast-paced lives of the 21st century, we all need help to combat oxidative stress and environmental toxins, and to compensate for nutrient-poor diets. These stressors can cause our bodies to age more rapidly and our telomeres to shorten, which will in turn accelerate the aging process even more.
Now some of you might be wondering, “What is a telomere?” I believe over the next several years you will hear this word being used more and more; they are at the forefront of conversations about slowing down the aging process.
A scientist by the name of Hermann Joseph Muller discovered telomeres over 75 years ago when he was performing an experiment on gene mutation. Telomeres are the caps at the end of each strand of DNA that protect our chromosomes. Think of it like the plastic cap on a shoe string. As we age, the telomeres shorten and break down, which causes premature aging, wrinkles, sagging skin, and other symptoms of the passage of time. But we can do something about it.

Achieving radiant glowing skin is an inside job, so to speak. I believe, outside of our genetics, that our lifestyle choices and what we put in our bodies accounts for about 80 percent of our skin’s health, and the other 20 percent is determined by the products we use topically. Many people focus on what they can put on their skin versus what they can put inside their bodies to achieve a healthy glow. Food like avocados and wild salmon are excellent because they contain a wealth of healthy fats and antioxidants. Wild salmon contains a powerful chemical compound called astaxanthin, which is being recognized as one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature, and protects our skin from the inside out. Your skin needs these good fats, as well as antioxidants to reduce inflammation and protect you from oxidative stress.

IT MAY TAKE TWO TO FOUR WEEKS AFTER STARTING ANY NEW DIET OR SKINCARE PROGRAM TO NOTICE CHANGES IN YOUR SKIN

Using high-quality skincare products will also help you achieve radiance, along with changes to your lifestyle and diet. Relying on nontoxic, natural ingredients is of the utmost importance, because many mainstream cosmetic products use a variety of ingredients that are believed to bioaccumulate in our bodies and disrupt our hormones, creating long-term health problems. You’ve probably heard some buzz about the evils of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates. I recommend avoiding all products that contain any of these ingredients as well as petrochemicals or synthetic fragrances.

Remember that it may take two to four weeks after starting any new diet or skincare program to notice changes in your skin. Stick to it for one month, as this is when your cells will turn over and you will notice the biggest difference. Taking some simple, proactive steps can help you age more gracefully and give you a more radiant, youthful glow. Maintaining a diet high in antioxidants, being consistent with a nontoxic skincare routine, and taking high-quality, clean supplements like Isa Genesis will have people asking how you got that beautiful glow.

By : Sabrina Frederick

Related Posts

Categories

Recent

The Balancing Act

Blastoff

Gems of Israel and Jordan

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Coming Soon
Receive the latest news

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Coming Soon
You are about to leave the website

You will be redirected to our digital edition subscription page.