Dust off that slow cooker: it’s your kitchen’s best-kept secret for easy, delicious, healthy
1. Toss a package of lean frozen turkey meatballs into the cooker. Top with one can whole cranberry sauce, one can diced pineapple in juice, and a half cup of brown sugar. Turn heat to medium and cook for four hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Peel, core, and chop two pounds of apples. Place in the slow cooker with one tablespoon cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg. (Optional: add a splash of maple syrup.) Cook on high heat for up to five hours.
3. Finely chop one onion and one red bell pepper. Mince two cloves garlic. Add to your slow cooker, and top with one can each of black beans, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes with juice. Sprinkle with chili powder and oregano. Set the cooker to high and let sit for two hours.
4. Cut two bell peppers into large chunks; do the same with two sweet potatoes and two onions. Place in the slow cooker with half a cup of water, a quarter cup of honey, one tablespoon, and a sprinkle of thyme. Let sit over low heat for four hours.
5. Combine three cups pretzels, one cup Cheerios, five cups Chex cereal, and one cup peanuts in the slow cooker. Top with three tablespoons melted butter, a quarter cup of Worcestershire sauce, and two teaspoons of garlic powder. Mix it up, then let sit for three hours on low heat, stirring every 30 minutes.